Thursday, July 16, 2015

as i do

for a moment
you will get a taste of me
as i once was
to you
running through blackberry fields
our hands touching
as they once touched

but i wonder if you remember
as i do
the rising tension beneath
bare soles of four fleeing feet
crushing souls of the living wheat

on burnt morning toast
a spread of rubus jelly

you will remember
tiny seeds in the spaces
between my teeth
a subtle kiss caught
between our lips

but i wonder if you remember
as i do
our lips
throbbing after evening
rubus tea
as purple as our hearts
loving as they once loved
solely through touch
your fingers cold and rough
creeping down my spine
spreading rubus love
every night
purple running through my veins
i cannot tell if you remember
purple running
through my veins
down my spine
purple stains
beneath my eyes
every night
purple stains
purple stains

and i wonder if you remember
as i do
the color of our
bruised
and starless
sky

1 comment:

  1. it often astounds me how my memories differ from those of the person who made them with me...

    ReplyDelete